Friday, October 31, 2014

Shifting

It's that time of year again when we can walk to school and enjoy a cup of coffee while doing so. The shift is so subtle here at first, but usually by November 1, it's like a switch is turned on for cooler weather.

No matter the weather, this one is almost always riding her bike to school. As always, I love to watch her fly away on the bike ahead of me, pumping those growing legs of hers.

So much here in our tiny town reminds me of my own neighborhood growing up. My childhood was absolutely idyllic and something I wasn't sure existed in this new world that seems much more fearful than when I was a child. Until we arrived here. Many days, I feel I am reliving my childhood and very grateful that my daughter gets a chance to live the carefree life I did years ago.


1 comment:

Popo and Gong Gong said...

Me too! If only it wasn't across the world. It has been such fun being here and watching her at this time of independence