Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Freedom!

When the weather is not unbearably hot here, we try to walk to and from school. Sojo tends to ride her bike, even if it is scorching, and she always beats us home, no matter what our mode of transportation is. Waiting for us is soooo boring for her. Poor thing--the whole 3 minutes behind her that we are...

So, for her 8th birthday, we decided to give her a key to the house so she can get right inside after school. My parents bought her a few cool key chains, and she was incredibly excited to get her very own key. Like I said, this birthday was a big one in the area of feeling grown up, and the key was proof of that. She carries it on her backpack now to and from school with such pride.


I swear she is like I remember being when I had the key to my first apartment. Giddy. She raced ahead of me the other day, opened the door by herself, and then stood there smiling so big. I had to have her reenact it for a photo as it was that precious. 


8 is pretty darn great. And the birthday seesaw has also proven to be a big hit, especially hanging out with a good friend and laughing away in perfect afternoon light. 




1 comment:

Popo and Gong Gong said...

The girl is just too darn cute.