Friday, September 26, 2014

The Beauty of Jordan

Since we know my parents are here until December, we wanted to make sure they were able to see other parts of the Middle East rather than just Saudi and our compounds. Although I do love living in Saudi, it is not set up for tourism at all.

Our first big trip was to Jordan last week, and it was beyond our expectations. From the roman ruins of Jerash to the super salty Dead Sea to our final destination of the ancient city of Petra, we were fascinated with the beauty of the country at each location. We hired a driver and van for the entire trip, which really relieved any stress of finding the right road or reading exit signs in Arabic.

Dead Sea mud is so fun! 


Jordan is a place that feels sacred in many ways, and the people were some of the kindest I have ever come across in my travels. We stocked up on lots of good memories together as a family. A highlight for me was hiking with my dad and Dale to the Monastery in Petra--a pretty decent climb in the heat, but the view was worth it.

The whole family in the Siq on the way to Petra

Dale won many hearts with his guitar in Petra

Favorite family picture ever!
This year, we have only 2 company holidays, and they line up almost back to back because of where Eid falls this year. We are taking advantage and heading off to Oman next week. After that, it will be all Saudi all the time for a while.

1 comment:

Popo and Gong Gong said...

I don"t have a bucket list, but if I did and had I known that Jordan was such a beautiful and mystical country, I would have had it at the top of my list. Thanks for opening this lovely door for us.