Saturday, September 06, 2014

Extended Grandparent Time

It's so wildly beautiful how life turns out sometimes. My brother and his family are now teaching in a compound about an hour from us, and my parents generously offered to help them settle their 2 year old son into life in Saudi as the adults adjusted to their new jobs as well. We are having a bit of adult joint custody as they take a bus down to spend the weekends with us. It's a true gift for all of us, especially since I have lived away from my family for over 20 years now. Having mom and dad walk in the door every Thursday afternoon is amazing to me, and we are celebrating the little things like going to the movies or playing Monopoly with Sojo or having American Ninja Warrior marathons.


Watching her fold the towels for their arrival was such a loving thing to see. 


No comments: