Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Letting Her Hair Down

This was the summer Sojo wore her hair down for the first time in years. She has always been a bit of a stickler when it comes to her hair choices--for an entire year, it was only two braids every single day. And then it was one ponytail for months and months. After that came the two ponytail stage, but they had to be 'bunny ears,' which means they were coming out of her head right behind her ears.

Out of nowhere this summer, she started wearing her hair down, and it is so silky and gorgeous. When I asked her about what prompted the change (she always said no when I suggested it before), she said it was only going to be for the summer because she didn't want any of her friends to see her wearing it like that. As I probed a bit deeper, she informed me that she feared if she wore it down here in Saudi, all her guy friends would want to marry her.

I get it, kid. I mean, look at that hair.








No comments: