Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Window Into Summer

Sojo was playing by herself this afternoon, and I stopped for a moment to soak up all the clutter and goodness in our living space. From the sunflowers gifted by my niece to the sunlight coming in on my favorite yellow pillows to the brand new painting Sojo made for above our newly painted wall and fireplace, it felt soulful and wholesome and summery.


This is the time of our vacation when the end is imminent, and I wonder why we are not living here in this house I love with family nearby. I'll be fine once we get settled back in Saudi, but there is always a big dose of heartache leaving each year. 

A better closeup of the painting and the fireplace, which I adore!! Sojo let me help her with the orange part. It's called Chicken Pox Sky. 



1 comment:

Popo and Nana and Gong Gong and Granda said...

Love Sojo's beautiful painting. It certainly speaks of a summer by the sea. See you soon in the desert.