Friday, May 30, 2014

Beating the Heat?

It's the time of year in Saudi when the heat is truly unbelievable. Today's predicted high is 117 degrees, and it's not even the hottest time of the year yet. Heat like this means way too much indoor time for kids, and we are always on the lookout for something to break up the weekend days.

Last weekend, we spied an inflatable pool for the backyard for a mere 20 bucks at the local home store and jumped on it. As it's the weekend here, I blew it up this morning and got that baby set up in the backyard. Only problem is when I turned on the hose to fill it up at 9:30 a.m., the water was hot. Like, burned my foot hot at first. It cooled down a bit, but in no way can I say that the water coming out was cool. We threw in as many ice cubes as we had in the freezer, but it's basically a jacuzzi outside in the 105 degree morning weather. Somehow, these two are still having a blast.

For me, I'll just keep remembering how fantastic Saudi is for 5 months a year to make it another month until we head to the crisp Northwest.


1 comment:

Popo and Nana and Gong Gong and Granda said...

I have been behind. So much fun getting caught up with what is going on.