Saturday, March 29, 2014

Sleepovers

We are fully into the sleepover stage, so much so that we got rid of Sojo's mammoth bed and traded it for a smaller, new-to-us daybed with a trundle that is perfect for sleepovers. And it is almost exactly like her bed in our Port Townsend house. We set it up today as the two kiddos were downstairs playing, and I was told there was some serious squealing when they saw them ready to go.


Don't be fooled for a minute--they are not actually in bed at this moment as this photo would suggest. As I write this at 9:30 p.m., I can hear Legos clicking together and something banging upstairs, and I'm sure they are in the midst of some elaborate game.* We are on a 2 week vacation (actually, Dale and I are working the first week, but Sojo is off school), and there are not one, but TWO sleepovers planned for this week. 

*This afternoon, they spent hours on the back patio just chatting away. When they came in, their conversation went like this:

Sojo: You know in that movie Rio, the message is really all about freedom.

E: I know. I mean, you have to let something go to make it free.

Sojo: Yeah. You do. 

Deep thoughts from 7 year old buddies. The conviction in their voices was so sweet. 



1 comment:

Popo and Nana and Gong Gong and Granda said...

Loved getting caught up on your blogs...you swimming, Sojo riding her bike and the fun of sleep overs.