Friday, November 22, 2013

Camel Market or Bust

For my 44th birthday, all I wanted was to go to the nearby camel market to get some shots of these beauties. However, we were too new to the country and could not find the market at all, so the trip was a big bust. This year, for my 45th, we found the correct directions and headed out with two of my girlfriends to take a gazillion closeups. 



There weren't as many camels as we had hoped (found out later that we had yet again gone to the wrong place, but at least this time there were some camels!), but we had the place to ourselves save for a few camel workers, and we had a blast taking photos. My favorites are the chocolate brown ones, mostly because the contrast of that color against the sand is gorgeous, especially when viewed from afar as they plod across the desert in a line. 


The whole thing took about 10 minutes, and we three ladies made it a full-on photo shoot. Noticeably absent were Sojo and Dale, as Sojo chose stay in the car and play the iPad (cringe...) instead of enjoying the beauty, and Dale stayed with her. My favorite was my friend Kate convincing me to go closer and closer to the camel to get a good shot---I've heard spitting camel stories and did not want to add that to my list of life experiences, but I love the nervous face on this one.


Already thinking of where to explore for my 46th...





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great experience! I like your pics of the camels! Did you get spit on? Love NieNie