Saturday, November 09, 2013

And the Glorious Season Begins...

It's that time of year again in Saudi. The time when you realize that living with 120 degree temps is worth it for the next 5 months of glorious weather. It will soon be chilly enough to drink coffee while walking to school, and we're soaking it up. The quick 7 minute walk is one of my favorite times of the day, and I adore watching Sojo walk or scooter ahead of me. Yesterday she brought her Chinese dragon along for the walk. The light hit both of them perfectly.



Just noticed that "Cheeto Fish" puppet came along, too. This is what I love about Sojo--she is so incredibly random and creative. She made that tiny puppet at the end of art class one day when the teacher gave them a bit of time to create something. She then found a Cheetos sticker and put it on the fish. Hence, Cheeto Fish. She's had it for over a year now and loves it. 

3 comments:

Cindy said...

It is lovely weather! We're finding ourselves on our patio out back more and more all the time! Can't wait for our patio furniture to arrive with our shipment.

Popo and Nana and Gong Gong and Granda said...

Same here in Tucson. A bit chilly in the morn and eve, and the wee ones need a sweater (goodness, so do I), but the afternoons are so delightful. As much as I love desert summers, I love these months even more. Nice that we have this commonality these days. Only desert rats can understand this love. Sojo makes me smile... :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely! NieNie