Monday, September 02, 2013

Home

Home is a few different places to us, but I love how Sojo was so excited to get back to Saudi. It makes me feel like this was a good decision to move here, and it makes me realize that we need to put our globetrotting ways on hold for a while. Being in one place at this age is super important to her sense of belonging. Her peeps are here, and she has been going nonstop since we arrived with playdates and general hanging out.

Our first morning back, she donned her new Ronaldo soccer outfit and kicked the ball around in the yard while Dale and I wallowed in jetlag. Love how she is becoming such a sporty girl.


Then, she called me over to ask me what this thing was in the grass...


Only the world's hugest scorpion! Thankfully, it was dead, but I will be more careful not to be barefoot when hanging my laundry outside.

And this little cutie is totally ready for first grade. She is so darn adorable with her pigtails. 





1 comment:

Popo and Nana and Gong Gong and Granda said...

That is one gnarly looking scorpion. I prefer the sweet girl over that, any day of the week.