Monday, July 08, 2013

My Two Favorite Peeps

These two are as thick as thieves, and I love that. Both are currently obsessed (no other word I can use but that) with Minecraft on the iPad. It's super creative, which I love, and this is the two of them on the plane crafting away at their cities. Sojo is working on a load of various places to pray in her city: there is a church, a mosque and a meditating place.



The sun is up so late here that we are feeling very Spanish out and about at 9 p.m. We toodled around the city center a bit last night and soaked up the beautiful light. 



Sojo was not digging the heat (she's a dry heat girl for sure) and as Dale and I wandered, she used her time to find various mist systems she could stand under. 


And, finally, our sweet neighborhood. We are staying in a very non-touristy area of town called La Macarena, and I love the local feel. Nothing cooler than getting up early and searching for a good coffee, even if that coffee is terribly small for my American coffee loving self. Our apartment is in the groovy yellow building (this mustardy yellow color is everywhere here!) and Dale and Sojo are standing outside Dale's guitar place. If we opened the balcony doors, we could probably hear him playing. 









1 comment:

Popo and Nana and Gong Gong and Granda said...

Loving hearing all about your trip. How I wish everyone had the time and money to travel and experience this wonderful world.