Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Cousins

I adore our little family of three. Just adore it. Dale and I see having only one child as a fabulous thing--no fighting over toys, all our attention goes to her, less to save for college-- but we also acknowledge that there is possibly a missing piece for Sojo on some level. Being around her cousins of the same age during the summer makes my heart ache a wee bit when I think of just how much fun she has, so we soak it up as much as we can. This summer, we were able to help out by babysitting them for a few days. I had a blast being mom to 3 kids (that was kind of a surprise to me, actually, but I loved things like cooking pancakes for breakfast and serving it up to a gaggle of kids), and Sojo was nothing but joy, joy, joy. We're hoping to make the double sleepover a summer tradition.


Most of our waking hours were spent at the beach, using walkie-talkies, collecting rocks or playing the iPad. Oh, and eating ice cream as well. We've taken to having 'opposite night' a lot this summer--dessert before dinner. I rather like that order myself.



And this town. I swear I breathe differently here than anywhere else in the world. Like one big exhale. It just feels good to the soul. 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A good time was had by all! Nie Nie