Monday, March 05, 2012

Race Day



Each year, our school holds a fundraiser race for all ages groups. Sojo attended years ago and really wanted to participate again this year. As usual, she cracked me up. It's a race, right? And she is just jogging along with this HUGE smile on her face, in absolutely no hurry whatsoever while all these other kids her age are huffing and puffing. At one point, she slowed down so much that I jumped on the track and gave her a little encouragement (read: a push!) to get her going again.



As we sat admiring her new ribbon afterwards, we debriefed. It went like this:

Tara: Wow. That was some race. So, was that race hard or easy for you, Sojo?

Sojo: Oh, it was easy. You know, I really am a running girl.

Tara: Yea, I know. So why did you stop running then?

Sojo: I didn't stop running. I just changed to a really slow jog.

Seriously, she slays me.

5 comments:

Popo said...

This girl knows how to live. You do what you want at the pace you want and enjoy it throughly. You have to love that attitude. I know I love her.

Prita said...

This just made me laugh out loud. So cute!

Gong Gong said...

I am happy you enjoyed the race Sojo. I am glad you got a ribbon for being part of the race. Maybe you can show me how much you enjoy running when you come to Tucson. Love to you Sojo

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing your ribbon and how fast you can run. Were you waiting for someone to catch up with you when you decided to do a slow jog? Love Nie Nie

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing your ribbon and how fast you can run. Were you waiting for someone to catch up with you when you decided to do a slow jog? Love Nie Nie