Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fire Station Fun



Sojo's class went on their first field trip the other day. Neither Dale nor I could go, but we heard all about it from the kids and the parents. Crazy, fun, dangerous things that could only fly overseas. Not only did they get the squirt the water hose, but they actually got to put out a fire. A real fire that the fireman created by throwing accelerant on the ground and lighting it on fire. Whoa. We are not in Kansas anymore. One friend thought her child was making it up, but, nope, that was the real deal. I'm sure it was the most fun field trip EVER because they got to do cool things like that. Probably best we didn't go after all.

3 comments:

popo said...

Yeah, probably best. My motto...they live through it..no need to get any unneccesary details. I am sure there are still lots of things I do not know about your childhood or your brother's. She looks like she is having a great time. Sure beats just getting to put the hat on and stand on the back of the truck.

Dyann said...

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious. Reminds me of the cookie factory we went to on a field trip in Ecuador (Gamesa, maybe?), where they let the kids stand right next to the crazy machinery. Definitely a good field trip to hear about after the fact...

Anonymous said...

I agree, not sure I would have liked to been on that field trip but it sounds like a great time was had by all! Love Nie Nie