Friday, February 03, 2012

Check!

We have quite the little list maker: creating lists for the groceries and lists of foods she will eat for breakfast (suggested strongly by me to avoid early morning conflict) and even a somewhat bizarre list the other day of the fillings in my mouth. For her, it's all about the square box for the check mark after the word. And she takes her check marks very seriously. Case in point is that she got a graphing notebook for Christmas just to practice her check marks.



As she waited for her friends to arrive to the recent Chinese New Year party, she made a list of each of their names and checked each one off when he or she arrived. I snapped this photo of her waiting on the front porch, poised and ready to check away.

As always, I'm a sucker for a photo of her braids. And, as a fellow lover of lists, I can't help but be proud.

4 comments:

popo said...

That Russell blood line runs long and deep. Your father...her Gong Gong will get a kick out of this one. We certainly are a family of list making. Do you think she will ever add something after it is done, just to be able to check it off, like her Popo does? I think she just might. That's a sign of a true list maker.

Dyann said...

Love this! Both of mine went through the checklist phase, and I have so many of those lists tucked away....

Anonymous said...

Hi Sojo...i love how you make lists and check off areas. I have been making lists for everything for a long time. When you come to Tucson, maybe you can show me how to make some checklists like you make them. I think making checklist is cool! Love, Gong Gong

Anonymous said...

love the checklists, she gets it from both sides of the family!
Nie Nie