Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I'm Five!

"I'm five." Sojo said this spontaneously so many times on Sunday, and each time it was with genuine awe at being five. It was a big deal. And so much fun. The day was filled with pink cupcakes (thanks to my mom for the Martha Stewart-esque decorating), a magic show with her new outfit and tricks, a gaggle of friends, and a science experiment where we all made our own volcanoes.

She crashed hard at dinner and then was wide awake during our Sunday night massage. Her final birthday request was to have her own foot massage (is it weird that her saying that brings us such joy? we have these visions of family foot massages). We obliged by sharing ten minutes of my massage, and she was nearly catatonic in her relaxing state.
We also celebrated her special day at school. We'd been hearing about the birthday song (Oh, do you know the birthday girl, the birthday girl, the birthday girl?) for quite a while, but it was adorable watching her soak up all the birthday love with her classmates.
Even brushing her teeth that night, she stopped and said, "I'm five now." This was a biggie, it seems.

1 comment:

Julie Coast Miller said...

I can't stop smiling. I will meet her someday!!! Such a precious family you have made - keep up the great work.