Monday, September 19, 2011

Highs and Lows

Sojo's yoga teacher asks the students to share their highs and lows of the day when they come together in a circle, and I love listening to their tiny voices, and how they know almost immediately what was the high and the low of the day. We have carried on the custom at our dinner table, and it always feels grounding to share both the good and the bad from the minutes of our respective days.

As we sat at the table this evening, I was apprehended by the beauty of the white orchids on the table (thank you, flower lady who comes near our house on Mondays!), the turquoise wall that I love dearly, my favorite afternoon light and the new addition of one of the teeny, tiny chalkboards I found at a market this past weekend. I am grateful that I notice the smaller things in life, and that those snippets of beauty bring me joy.

1 comment:

popo said...

How blessed this mother is to have you as her daughter. You are definitely one of the "highest" of my life.