Thursday, August 11, 2011

Spinning and Stalking

Although it's hard to pick my favorite thing about living in Port Townsend, I think I'd have to say it's the weekend farmer's market. From the cheese breadsticks at our favorite bakery to the fresh flowers and the raw key lime pie I ate every Saturday morning, it's packed with goodness.
This summer, we met Rebecca, the weaver who spins her own wool as she sits at the market. Sojo was absolutely fascinated with her. Seriously, it was to the point that it was borderline stalking. We'd go find Rebecca on Saturday, watch her spin and Sojo would ask her a gazillion questions: "Do you love spinning?" "When you wake up in the morning, do you think about spinning?" "Do you have chickens?" (Yes, yes, and yes to those questions.)

There will be some serious farmer's market withdrawals for the next few Saturdays as we settle back into life here in Bangkok.

1 comment:

popo said...

I love her curiosity and the way she asks questions.