Sunday, March 20, 2011

Behind the Lens

Sojo has wanted a camera of her own for a while now. So, from the back of a drawer, we resurrected an old one that was missing a battery charger and had been dropped way too many times, and it's all hers. She loves having a camera and is now documenting life from her perspective. We went for a big photo walk the other day, and it was so cool to see what is photo-worthy in her mind. These were her picks of the favorite three photos--the other 87 were either crazy self-portraits, Dale and I making silly faces, or the floor. the favorite disco ball
gorgeous tropical flower
and robot creations.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great! Neat to see what she thinks is photo worthy! Love Nie Nie

popo said...

Wow, I am impressed. She is doing a great job of seeing the world through a lens...her lens.

popo said...

Sometimes I comment and it "rejects" me. :( So, I try again. Just a word or two about the creativity of this sweet child. She is so darn cute in her creativity...she does it with such flare. I can't wait to have her take a picture of the desert and maybe me. Heee...heeee

Amy said...

I love putting cameras in kids hands. Mostly we see pictures of Blake's hands - his fingers, but sometimes, magic. We are missing you at EARCOS. I just had my gazillionth beer on the patio. What is it about beer in the tropics that makes them taste extra good? Happy spring to you and yours,
Amy