Monday, November 15, 2010

Soulful Connections

Long ago, when I started teaching overseas in Ecuador, I was blessed enough to meet a group of people who were not only dedicated teachers, but also good, good people. We are now all over the world, but some of us are working in Asia. Aimee, my dear friend with whom I have traveled so many times and in so many countries, came to visit from the U.S. and so we had a mini-reunion on the island of Phuket. It was nothing short of glorious. Since I was sans husband and child, I took advantage of napping, reading on the balcony overlooking the sea, and reconnecting with friends. We laughed like crazy over old memories and adventures, as well as talking education and life and love.
I'll give Aimee's visit its own blog post soon, but suffice it to say she is one amazing woman who is so generous of heart. We've had a great two weeks together.
Now, if only I could somehow arrange my life to make this my home. So lovely.

3 comments:

popo said...

So happy that you were able to spend time with such wonderful friends. They are very special people. What better place to have shared some time with them, than at the beach.

popo said...

I loved the way you said, "blessed enough". That is such a beautiful way of putting blessings. They are always enough if we see them as blessings.

Mojo said...

Baan Krating. I miss you!