Wednesday, August 11, 2010

School Time

A few teachers at school switched their library times this week so I could take Sojo to school for her first day of K1. This will be her last year at the Reggio Emilia school before coming to the big school next year. Oddly enough, she was weepy and clingy, which is the exact opposite of how she normally is. The first year I barely got a hug before she took off running--the summer withdrawal is fierce this year.

But she was fine when I left her and claimed to have had a good day. I love the robot clothes for the first day, the fabulous shoes her aunt Gladys gave her (they light up when you stomp, so there is lots of stomping going on!), and the sassy pose.


One more random cuteness was when she came up to us tonight with a small globe in her hand and said, "I'm an expert on the Earth (actually, Earf to her). It goes around and there is green and blue. I'm an expert." I adore moments when Dale and I glance at each other and just smile at how lucky we are. This was one of those moments.

5 comments:

Yoli said...

How sweet, thank you for sharing. There is nothing like children to make us appreciate life.

Ingrid said...

I know those moments, me and Jo do the same......:-)

popo said...

Anyone who has had this little girl grace them with her presence is lucky. Glad she had a good day.

popo said...

Anyone who has had this little girl grace them with her presence is lucky. Glad she had a good day.

Kimbra said...

Hey... I know that 'we're so lucky smile'... Mimi starts back next Tuesday from 8 - 2 at her Reggio school and is champing at the bit.
Our little girls are enjoying similar experiences which makes me happy. Xiao Liu has some great new girls to care for by the way and has been at our house each day for the past week and sends you all big hugs and kisses.