Thursday, July 01, 2010

Room with a View

We stumbled upon this awesome block of wood in a store the other day and simply had to get it for our house. I placed it on the kitchen window to gaze at while I do dishes. Well, actually, where I do dishes when my mother and mother-in-law aren't here--they tend to spoil us rotten and always do the dishes. Truth be told, I realize that I love doing the dishes when I'm all by myself and it's quiet. Makes me feel very grounded and present.

Sojo and her cousin had a blast goofing around in the van the other day. This has become a yearly event for the two of them. Not sure it will be around long enough for either one of them to drive it, but that would be the coolest picture.

5 comments:

Yoli said...

Love that saying.

Julie said...

I also love standing at my kitchen sink looking out at the world and that is where I do my best praying. It feels like the best place sometimes, I even drink my tea looking out at the yard through the window, wishing for a time machine....to go back a few years...Oh, I wish I was in Port Townsend!! It would have been such fun! Next year?

Dyann said...

Your kitchen cabinets and shelves around the window look exactly like the ones that were in my Nana and Papa's kitchen, which automatically makes it a happy place in my book.

I really, really hope that your van is still running 13 years from now! :)

Dyann said...

P.S. Do your posts get dated a day ahead because they are on Thai time?

Aimee said...

Love, love, love your kitchen pic! My grandparents (dad's side) had the exact same cabinetry as well as that window...looking at it brings back such good memories! :-)