Friday, June 11, 2010

Chasing Chickens

As always, it's just so good to land on home soil. It is wild that after 17 years living overseas, I have called many places home, but the familiarity of coming back to my first home is always lovely. We are extending our time here in AZ this year and have some fabulously fun plans for all of us to do together: Sojo's first camping trip this weekend and a quick drive to Mexico's beaches are top on the list.

The highlight thus far has been meeting Mojo and Cathy's backyard chickens. I love how my bro and his wife are creating this little haven of sustainability in their backyard--not an easy feat in the desert! In a few months, the chickens will being laying and they will be flush with organic eggs. Sojo loved the chickens so much, chasing them around, feeding them and then getting sad when they were hiding from her. Dare I say she enjoyed the chickens much more than Disney?
Now I really, really want my own chickens running around. I have a bad case of chicken envy.

The thing about living in Asia is that we mostly eat Asian food. Although the meals I grew up on are welcome and yummy to me, Sojo will choose Asian fare any day of the week. She was happy to hit the local Chinese restaurant last night for some noodles and edamame.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics of everyone! Great there is an Asian restaurant in Tucson for Sojo! See you soon! Nie Nie

Dyann said...

SO lovely to see Sojo with her beloved Popo and Gong Gong. (and the chickens :))

Tim, Lisa, and Abby O'Regan said...

Love it! Things are never boring at Uncle Matt's house...