Thursday, February 25, 2010

Homegirl

I really am a homegirl, in the sense that I love to be in my home with my family. As a child, I had the hardest time leaving my home, even to go somewhere cool like my best friend Jeanie's house. Now that I'm all grown up, I still get an empty feeling in my belly when I have to leave anyone in my family. However, the chance came up to go to Nagoya, Japan to see one of my favorite literacy teachers, Debbie Miller. Couldn't pass it up, and so I am off on a redeye flight tonight. We have one day to explore Nagoya before the conference begins, which should be fun. Plus, I get to actually not be sweating since it's cold in Nagoya!

This is what I am taking with me. A sweet memory of our dance and music party this afternoon. I'm hoping it will make the homesickness a bit easier to manage.

2 comments:

popo said...

I remember that little "homesick" girl and now she lives across the world in her own home. We adapt. Enjoy your "venture" and hold your home close to your heart until you return. Visions of Sojo and dale playing and dancing will hold you over. Enjoy:)

popo said...

No calling Dale to come and get you at 10 PM.