Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Changes


Small changes happening for Sojo lately...somehow our very routine bedtime of 7:00 p.m. is not working for her anymore. We still put her to bed around that time, but there is some seriously skilled stalling going on. A now-familiar sound is her pittering-pattering feet coming into our room to say, "I need to tell you a secret." The secret is usually something sweet like 'I love you' or when she really kicks it up a notch, it becomes strange things like 'I like your shirt' or 'I like your hair.' Um...thanks?

The only good part about the stalled bedtime (and I mean the only good part as I had it set in my mind that 7:00 would be her bedtime until at least second grade, and I'm not kidding at all when I say that) is that she plays on her bed with her pink light on until she finally surrenders to sleep. We get a gorgeous peek-in every night now as Dale goes in to turn off her light. So peaceful.

2 comments:

popo said...

Don't ya just love it! They can be so crafty and skillful as they grow and change...testing. I love the "I like you hair or shirt". How clever.

Dyann said...

Your early bedtime dream is very doable - we still enforce a 7:30 bedtime with both of our kids (although Clara will read in bed for another hour or so), and we definitely owe our sanity to it. :)

I do remember the stalling days, though. Don't worry, they'll pass. :)