Thursday, August 27, 2009

L-A-Z-Y

Seems I've been too lazy to even pick up a camera these days. We've had bouts of fever and overall back-to-school tiredness, and the days have just swum by. But we're back on track and back in the blogosphere.

The good news is that Sojo not being allergic to eggs is opening up her food world a bit. We tend to stay away from processed cookies, but we took the plunge and gave her a Fig Newton the other day. A simple thing, yes, but to a kid who doesn't get this stuff, it was like manna from heaven. She asked, "It won't make me itchy?" and then literally did a kick in the air showing her joy. "Kanewtons" are her favorite new snack.
We are excited to head off on an adventure this weekend to a nearby town called Kanchanaburi. Making it more of an adventure is the 3rd class train we are taking to get there. Mind you, I've had my share of 3rd class everything in traveling and am more than happy to choose another class, but 3rd class is our only option on this train. I had visions of train travel in India, which can be pretty intense, but I found a youtube video of the train and it looks just fine. Good part is the price is $2.50 to get there. Next up--pics from the river cottage in Kanchanaburi! If it's fab, we'll have a great trip to take when my parents and bro/sis get here in October.

2 comments:

popo said...

Kanewtons are one of her gong gong's favorites. She might have to share. We might have to pack a couple packages.

Love you and miss you

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great adventure for the weekend, enjoy!!! I bet your family will enjoy where ever you take them. I know I did
Nie Nie